Dan defends claims filed with many administrative agencies, including the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, Cal/OSHA, Department of Fair Employment and Housing, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Workers' Compensation Appeals Board and the Employment Development Department. Dan has represented companies in hearings conducted by each of these government agencies.
Dan advises employers on day to day labor and employment law matters to develop effective and practical ways to deal with challenging employee issues. He assists employers with developing tools to manage employment law matters. Such tools include employee handbooks, employment agreements, commission agreements and severance agreements.
For clients who face challenges dealing with unions, Dan provides advice on union avoidance, labor arbitrations, union elections and unfair labor practice charges filed with the National Labor Relations Board.
In addition, Dan is extensively involved with training supervisors and owners on employment law matters, including unlawful harassment prevention training, union avoidance and workplace violence. Dan is a frequent speaker before business and professional groups.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 1986
- Creighton University
- B.S.B.A. - 1978
- Honors: President, National Jesuit Honor Society
- Major: Economics/Management
- Labor and Employment Law Committee, Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce , Chairman (two terms)
- Kern County Bar Association, Member
- Fresno County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member